NATIONAL BEC ASSEMBLY
November 11-14, 2015
“50 years of Vatican II renewal: BEC as Community of Missionary Disciples and Church of the Poor”.
The CBCP-Episcopal Commission on Basic Ecclesial Community will be holding their 3rd National Assembly this coming November 11-14, 2015 hosted by Archdiocese of Manila and suffragan dioceses in NCR. Fr. Lito is asking the support of the group(MEDIA) for the delegations to cover the said event.
Attached is the tasks and schedule matrix.
This will be held to coincide with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the closing of Vatican II. This will be the occasion for the various delegates from various regions to share their experiences of forming BECs in creative ways. The main speakers for the event are: Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle and Cardinal Orlando Quevedo.
All the dioceses will be invited to this event. Each diocese can send 10-15 delegates including the bishops. The delegates will be accommodated by foster families/BECs in parishes near the venue of the plenary sessions. All the members of the BECs in the 6 dioceses of the National Capital Region and the neighboring dioceses may join the culmination liturgy and celebration on the last day of the assembly.
- Host: Archdiocese of Manila and suffragan dioceses in NCR
- Date: November 11-14, 2015
- Number of delegates per diocese: 10-15. (All the bishops will be invited to head the delegation).
- All members of BECs in NCR & neighboring dioceses will be invited to attend the culmination on final day (Nov. 14, 2015)
- Venue for Plenary Assembly and culmination:
San Fernando De Dilao Parish, Paco Catholic School Auditorium, Manila and Cuneta Astrodome, Pasay
- Accommodation: Foster parishes (with BECs /families within archdiocese of Manila & nearby NCR dioceses
- The archdiocese of Manila plus NCR dioceses will be requested to sponsor the meals during the plenary assembly.
- Theme- “BECs in the Philippines: Thanksgiving for 50 Years of Vatican II’s Spirit of Renewal and Responding as a Community of Missionary Disciples to Pope Francis Call to Become a Poor Church for the Poor”.
- No registration fee, only donation of P100 or more per delegate
Tentative Program of Activities
Nov. 11, 2015
8 am – 3 pm -Arrival and Registration (San Fernando de Dilao Parish, Paco, Manila)
3 pm – Opening Mass
4 pm – Welcome/Orientation
5 pm – proceed to respective host parishes/BECs/families
Dinner/Welcome activities parish level then proceed to foster families/BECs
Nov 12, 2015
8:00 am – back to venue of plenary session (Paco Catholic School Auditorium, Manila)
8:15 am – Morning Prayer
8:30 am – Plenum: Opening Talk – BECs in the Philippines – Thanksgiving for 50 Years of Vatican II’s Spirit of Renewal (Orlando Cardinal Quevedo)
10 am – Plenum: Regional presentation/sharing of experiences (20-25 min per region)
12 noon – Lunch break
1:30 pm – Continue regional presentation/sharing
4:00 pm – Mass
5:00 pm – back to host parishes/BEC
BEC/community-level activities: dinner/Gospel sharing, etc.)
Nov. 13, 2015
8:00 am – Assembly (Paco Catholic School Auditorium, Manila)
8:15 – Morning Prayer
8:30 – 3:00 Plenum: con’t: Regional presentation/sharing
4:00 pm – Final Talk – ” BEC in the Philippines: Responding as a Community of Missionary Disciples to the Challenge of Pope Francis to be a Poor Church for the Poor” ( Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle)
5:30 pm – Mass
6:30 pm – Dinner
7:00 pm – Cultural show/solidarity night
9:00 pm – back to host parishes/BECs
Nov 14, 2015
2:00 – 6:00 pm Culmination activities/Mass/program at the Cuneta Astrodome, Pasay (official delegates plus members of BECs in NCR)
6:00 – back to foster parishes/BECs